I have been playing with the HP Touchpad for a few months now and there are quite a few good (free) Touchpad apps that I thought I would share with you folks. So here they are in no particular order:
1) USA Today- The iconic newspaper has done a fine job exporting their site/app to the Touchpad. Easy to navigate with a clean, crisp look. A very nice job.
2) Zite Personal Magazine- The "Flipbook" of the HP Touchpad, this app aggregates many other sites and puts it into a "personalized" magazine. Sadly it does not allow the user to select which sources it pulls the RSS feeds from. But still a nice job all the same.
3) Zinio - The magazine app makes an appearance on the Touchpad. It is version 1.0 and missing some fairly obvious functions (like being able to delete a magazine is one that comes to mind) but I am hopefully they will get the bugs worked out soon.
4) Rev3 webOS - All the Rev3video podcast in one single location. Now I can watch Cali Lewis, Veronica Belmont, Patrick Norton and the rest of the Rev3 kingdom in one easy location. Nice Job, folks!
5) TechTV - Being a fan of the old TechTV, I was very excited when I saw this app. Like the Rev3 app, it has a bunch of tech video from various source and present them very well.
6) VPN - Holy Cow!!! HP created the app that allows me to VPN into my network on the Touchpad. I was simply amazed that this worked after having little to no success getting my Cisco 3005 to connect with any android product. Works very well.
7) NPR Reader- Being a fan (and supporter) of NPR, I am always impressed with the quality of apps that NPR puts out across all platforms, and they did not disappoint with the Touchpad's NPR reader. Clear, concise, and easy to navigate. Well done!
8) Robotek HD - Just a cool little game. You have a robot and you must battle another robot using various weapons, shield, and effects. Simple yet addicting.
9) TuneIn Radio - Like NPR, the folks at TuneIn don't disappoint. Navigate local radio stations or listen to radio from half way around the world.
10) AccuWeather - A very nice weather app. Not much more to say other that it is simple to read and use. Live radar, weather alerts, allergy information, and more, it is an "all-in-one" weather stop.
If you have any more free apps that you would like to recommend for the touch pad, please let me know.
**Edit** Late Entry: Facebook now has an app for the Touchpad. Very nice export but lacking one fundamental thing: you cannot logout, allowing anyone that picks up the touchpad be able to post as you. Not good. Major oversight. But still, it is functional and looks great.